Monday, October 21, 2013

Presenting.... My Doctor Who Scarf!!!!

Well I finished it tonight, my first ever Doctor who scarf. Well okay, not my first, but the first where I didn't get bored and stop following the instructions. My first where I matched the colors to the original as closely as I could and followed the pattern all the way through. And here's some sneak peeks...


It's the season 12 scarf, the first and original : ) I got the pattern and the color suggestions from this site here, and the instructions on how to do the tassels here.

In fact the site suggesting matching the colors via free paint samples that had been compared to THE scarf was very helpful. My husband Aaron and I went after these like it was a quest (it was just about as exhilarating too). We found every sample suggested but one (the gray one I think) before I had to get to work. At about my lunch break later that day Aaron turns up with the missing sample in his hand. Apparently he went all over town to find it, only to go back to the original store we were at and discovered we had simply missed it (now that's devotion). He's such a sweetie!

And now the line up...


This is Behr S-G-170 Licorice Stick which I matched with Impeccable yarn in Rouge



This is Behr S-G-690 Delicious Berry which I matched with Read Heart Soft yarn in Grape


This is Behr 260F-4 Sunset Beige which I matched with Vanna's Choice yarn in Beige


This is Behr 300B-6 Glorious Gold which I matched with Vanna's Choice yarn in Mustard


This is Behr 770F-5 Dark Ash which I matched with Impeccable yarn in True Gray


This is Behr 320F-7 Fig which I matched with Vanna's Choice yarn in Olive


And lastly, Glidden GLO31 Spiced Gingerbread which I matched with Vanna's Choice yarn in Honey

In all the scarf cost me $22.72 to make... however that was by buying every single skein at 40% off. Oh, I didn't even touch one of skeins of olive so I guess it's a little over. The pattern I was following suggested I buy one of every color except beige and olive which I should get two of. I could return the olive or keep it with the rest out the unused yarn (there is quite a bit) and make some 4th Doctor accessories : )

Pics of me wearing the scarf soon to come







No comments: