Sunday, October 13, 2013

Garter Stitch Baby Classes

Quite a few of the of the classes I teach focus on garter stitch, and I'm quite glad for it. I think garter stitch, with its wonderful thickness and elasticity often gets over looked.  Here are samples from two of the garter stitch classes I teach, both for baby. A pair of cute little garter stitch baby booties, and a garter stitch baby kimono jacket.


BTW, if you have the skill to make the jacket and don't wish to take the class it is offered as a free pattern right now at Michaels. And of course we carry a lot of really adorable Bernat baby yarns (recommended for this pattern) to do it up nicely. This particular colorway was one I already had in my stash, Right now I cant justify buying new yarn until I use up some of the stuff I already have, but I was quite happy to have found something in my collection to knit up this cute little number : )

No comments: