Friday, January 12, 2007

Savanna's "Princess" Hat

Well I've done several projects lately but I keep forgeting to get pictures of them before I give them away (silly me!) But this one I started on the loom just recently. I'd made a nice purple, green, and blue hat for my niece Mickia with a festive fur bottom. Savanna saw it and hinted that it was too big for Mickia's head (Savanna's been told by her mother that her head is fairly big for her age). Later when I gave Mickia the hat, Savanna came right out and asked if she could have it. Poor thing, I've been knitting a lot of things for her soon-to-be little brother Leroy too, and I think she's getting envyous. She told me she'd like me to make her a "pink princess dress". Well I've never knit a dress before and I told her so, but I did manage to start this pink princess hat before her dad picked her up and took her home. It has the festive fur too. I used a bluky pink cotton from a sweater I'd recycled. The hat is nice and thick and should give her room for growth. Oh, if anyone needs knitting graph paper to tool around with and make your own designs this is an excellent site...
www.sweaterscapes.com/grafpap-134.htm
Just print it out and you're good to go.

No comments: