Monday, February 13, 2006

So I lied...


Well I did just one more, a letterman's jacket, but I did it in worsted so no eye strain... and boy did it go quick. I made the pattern up myself and kept track of it as I went along. Although I was told afterward that traditionaly the darker color is on the chest not the sleeves. Still, I'm quite pleased with the way it came out. I've seen some cute little iron on varsity letters at a craft shop that looked like they just might be the right size, I may pick some of those up. I still haven't sewn on the snaps or any other embellishments, but Savanna seemed to like it. The knit was on size 2 and 4 needles which made the fabric stiff. Just what I was hoping for as this was supposed to be a jacket and not a sweater. I used a knit cast on for the front panels and the back and I used basicaly the same type of ribbing on the waist, cuffs, and collar. I may do one for Barbie, not sure just yet.

No comments: