Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Babes in Toyland


Well I finally broke down and started knitting some doll clothes (I know, I know... way too many irons of the fire, but I get bored working on just one project and I've discovered that working on doll clothes gives you that "I've finished" buzz just that much faster). Since I've been babysitting my almost three year old neice Savanna we seem to have aquired quite a few barbies and I thought I might give it a go. The first skirt I did is the purple one on the left. It was also the second internet pattern I have ever used. It's not bad, but even working on #3s and using fingering yarn the skirt looks a bit bulky. I mean, I like the cables, but it gives barbie a serious case of tank butt. The second skirt in the mixed color yarn I just made up on my own. I think it turned out rather well and it fits a bit better on the waist. Well that's it for now... I think I'll tackle a doll sweater next.

No comments: