Thursday, November 29, 2007

Doctor Who?


Well this seems appropriate as it was Doctor Who that first inspired me to learn to knit. I do remember my very English grandmother trying to teach me to knit. The look on her face after several failed attempts told me that she clearly thought there was something off with me mentally. It was only later on that I realized that she was left handed, which of course muddled the whole process for me considerably (being right handed of course). Well, I think it was sometime in the 80s when I was buying Starlog and Fangora magazines (just forget that I even mentioned Fangora o.k.?) that I ran across the pattern for the Doctor Who scarf pattern. So I set about teaching myself to knit (yup, that's what started it all). As usual I learned it best on my own from a book. Odd that people just don't translate well for me in the learning process, but there you go. Anyway here's a link to the official pattern, Enjoy!

www.math.clemson.edu/~simms/neat/drscf.html

And here is a real find, brought to my attention by Kristi. I just couldn't resist putting it here. It's the Tardigan! It's creator has yet to post the pattern (she made it up as she went along) but here's a link to the place where it may be showing up in the future...

reina-isabella.livejournal.com/19414.html

4 comments:

Ronja said...

No! I am blocked from LJ and the link to the original pattern is dead... Do you know if she posted this pattern on Ravelry?

Unknown said...

I just attempted a LJ account to see if I can find the pattern. It wouldn't let me join... weird. Anywho... I'd be interested in the pattern if there be another way to get a hold of it. Mucho Gracias!

Anonymous said...

If she can make one for me i would love love love to buy one! It's my birthday on Monday, i would just love this! Please email me if she can make one for me to buy :)
a.ccowen@gmail.com

Unknown said...

I was also denied when I tried to go onto her LJ, but I can go on the rest of the site fine.
I would be interested in the pattern too, pls e-mail me @ Asylum_86@Hotmail.com