Friday, January 13, 2006

Domino... Domino

Arrrggg, I hate that old 80s song. But it just popped into my head and it doesn't seem to want to leave. I finally got my hands on Domino Knitting by Vivian Hoxbro. I had to put it on hold on the library and the person who had it checked out was late returning it, but now it's mine ALL MINE! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

Actually it's quite good. I knit my first square last night. I wasn't quite sure how it was going to work so I just got started and it came off the needle diagonally! It was so cool, I'm definatly going to try some more of those. What really caught my attention with this book (aside from the exceptional patterns) is the fact that Vivian has her own friends modeling the items. I guess when you write the book you get to pick and choose. It was so great to see models that looked like real people, very refreshing! I hope to do a few more squares today and figure out how you knit them together.

No comments: